Monday 25 March 2013

Simply the best.

Monday came around too quickly. The garden still has some snow lying around and it's still freezing!
Nicholas phoned this morning as he had hit a pothole and his windscreen now has a very large crack in it! After a quick visit to Morrisons, Sarah and I had to stop and take some photos of the potholes for him because its always dark when he comes home. It was embarrasing standing in the middle of the road as people drove past, obviously wondering what on earth I was doing! The things I do for my children.
Afternoon jobs consisted of packing Sarah and Matts clothes and christmas presents ready to take to Catterick. There are boxes and boxes and with only 5 weeks until Matt gets home we really need to get everything taken to their home. I've no idea how its all going to fit into the cars as there is so much.
On to Tuesday. While Neil took Riley to the vets for his chemotherapy injection and check up on his paw, Sarah and I went to Auntie Joan's to do her cleaning. Next was a very quick trip to town for some shopping for my Dad and money for Auntie Joan. It was extremely cold again and I certainly didn't want to be outside for too long so we raced about to keep warm and get home as soon as we could.
After Lunch I had a visit from Cheryl, another of Neil's cousins who I try to catch up with as much as possible. Unfortunately it isn't often enough as we are both busy and as we all know, time just passes us by. However it was good to have a chat and catch up with each others news.
Our local vet is pleased with Riley's progress and has spoken to Caves in Taunton to discuss the next step. The good news is that we can start to reduce his mediction. From today we are cutting out more tablets and cutting others down. It's great news, although I know I will worry as we wean him off more and more. I didn't think we would would ever reach this stage or that Riley would even recover. I know he can relapse but for now its the best news possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment