Saturday 6 April 2013

Curtains!!

Like so many people, I am now really fed up with our very long winter. I don't think we've had a particularly bad and severe winter but its gone on for such a long time. I cant wait for some sunshine, it always makes me feel better.
We were lucky on our visit to Catterick. Although extremely cold with some odd snow here and there, I managed to get the outside jobs done that were necessary. I had to layer up but after an hour or so of weeding and digging it was surprising how warm I was. It was also good to get some fresh air. Sarah made a start on cleaning her cooker. Neil came on Thursday as it was Easter Holidays and between the three of us we got quite a few jobs finished for Sarah. The worst being washing and ironing curtains. I hate ironing and there were 12 pairs of curtains that needed to be washed ironed and hung ready for the next family. Of course that means that another 12 pairs which are Sarah and Matts own, also need to be washed and ironed for Sarahs next house!!
Since Easter it's been another mixture of weather. Snow, rain and even a little sun all rolled into one week. It's not been a week any different to any others, with the normal household chores and jobs for myself and Auntie Joan. In fact, I would go as far as to say, pretty boring really!
Nicholas has been away to Tenby with friends this week. They all went last year and stayed in a caravan. Each of them enjoyed it except for the cold weather. This time they've pushed the boat out and paid extra for heating. I'm sure it will have been worth every penny! I look forward to him coming home and telling me about his week, even though it always comes out in dribs and drabs over at least another week.
Yesterday, Friday, after telephone call and emails, Sarah recieved news of her and Matts next house. The only details they get is an address, so google maps and street view come in useful. It must be hard not knowing what your home is going to be like until the day your furniture arrives, you're handed the keys and you actually move in, but that's exactly what happens. There's not much Neil and I can do to help settle any of Sarahs worries except take her the three hours to get a glimpse of the house from the outside. So, that's exactly what we are doing tomorrow. Neil of course will drive and I will try to point out the benefits of living in the area, and all of the good points the house has to offer. It's hard when you know nothing about the town let alone the area and you can't go inside the house, but we need to alleviate all of her fears and help to put her mind at rest. After all that's what Mums and Dads are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment