Sunday 17 March 2013

Feeling a little flat.

The weather has been a very mixed bag this week and to be honest that's how I would sum up my time since last Sunday. It was lovely to see some sun streaming into the conservatory and I just wanted to sit in there with my coffee for hours, if only I had had the time. The conservatory is my favourite room in our house but during the winter we have to move back into the living room as its just too cold for comfort in there. I think that although we haven't had a hard winter it seems to have been such a long winter and I will really be glad when its over. No sooner than the sun was shining it was absolutely pouring down and so cold. Then, to my total dismay, it was snowing and actually quite blizzardous. The weather seemed to settle a little more by the end of the week until last night when, yes that's right, more snow! Thankfully it hasnt stuck and by today although it was cold, the sun had managed to put in another appearance.
My week as you will see was just as mixed. On Monday I decided to make a start on sorting out my wardrobe and drawers in the bedroom. Our bedroom needs decorating so a good spring clean is also in order. I've been quite ruthless (in Sarahs words) with my clothes and at last I can actually see what's in my wardrobe. A visit to the charity shop is now on the list for this week to drop off several bags of clothes that are no longer required.
Tuesday brought yet another trip with Riley to Caves Vetinerary Clinic in Taunton. Riley was due a check up and at our last visit it was suggested that we would have a plan of Riley's future medication and that he would be discharged. We had to wait for blood test results before they would administer Riley's cyterabine injection as sadly he now has a nasty infection in his toe. After the great news that his operation had all gone well and after about 8 weeks he no longer had to wear a bandage, it was so sad. Poor little thing has had enough troubles since December and I really thought it was all coming to an end. How wrong I was. It seems that the meningitis and other problems are under control but now his foot is slowing up a full recovery. We came home from Taunton feeling totally deflated, very flat! At the moment we don't know if we've got to back again as it all depends how the infection looks tomorrow.
The next three days were spent sorting more cupboards and drawers, cleaning at Auntie Joan's and food shopping.
Yesterday Neil took Sarah and I to Cheltenham. We had a visit to The Range, Next Home and BHS Home, which was great. I love looking at the home shops and departments but usually find so many things I would love or so many ideas of things that I would like to do in my own home. It would possibly be much better to stay at home, or at least Neil would think so. We also called into a store which was new to us, Wholefoods Market. It was amazing. The fruit and vegetables looked fantastic, so fresh and very colourful. They are stacked very carefully and sprayed with water every few minutes. The spices smelled gorgeous, the beans and pulses looked great and the choice of coffee beans left me not knowing which to choose. Every department and aisle in the store was clean colourful and very well displayed. It was a superb shop. Everything fresh and wholesome. We will certainly visit again.
I'm very behind with my photo a day, which I'm not at all happy about, so maybe I need to spend next week catching up. Somehow.
A few photos follow, mostly from our visit to the Wholefoods Market and I will be back tomorrow to tell you about my trip down memory lane. It was lovely to see family this afternoon, that I haven't seen for at least ten years and many that I probably haven't seen for maybe! Anyway that's a story for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment